Have you heard of the Dutch bitterbal? It is probably one of the most famous appetizers eaten by Dutch people. A delicious treat, especially when served in a party croissant. Add a bit of mustard or ketchup and bite away!
- 1 can Danerolles Croissants Party Mini’s
- 24 oven bitterballen
- Mustard (or ketchup)
- Sesame seeds to decorate
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Open the can and roll out the dough.
- Go over the cuttinglines to create 24 pieces of dough.
- Place one single piece of dough in front of you.
- Put some mustard or ketchup onto the dough.
- Place a bitterbal onto the dough and close the dough to form a ‘coat’ for the bitterbal. Press the dough together firmly.
- Using egg yolk, smoothly brush over the dough using a brush to create a shiny gloss.
- Decorate the bitterbal bites with sesame seeds.