A classic French recipe with sticky apple and a crunchy crust. Surprise your guests with this tarte tatin. Enjoy!
- 1 can Danerolles Classic
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 125gr sugar
- 50gr butter
- Egg to brush
- Optional: ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
- Remove the can and roll out the dough on your kitchen counter. Press the cutting lines together and create a rectangular piece of dough.
- Grease the spring cake tin with a little bit of butter.
- Peel the apples and cut them in quarters, remove the core and cut the quarters in small slices (3 slices per quarter).
- Mix the slices of apple in a bowl with some cinnamon and mix well.
- Place the slices of apple in a circular pattern in the spring cake tin. The entire surface should be covered with apple.
- Melt the sugar in a little saucepan and add the butter when the sugar turns brown. A delicious caramel will appear.
- Pour the caramel on top of the apples in the spring cake tin. You have to work quickly in order to prevent the caramel from setting.
- Fold the dough over the mixture in the cake tin.
- Brush the dough with some mixed egg, and sprinkle some sugar on top for a nice gloss. Create some small holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Turn the tarte tatin around by using a plate after baking. Even more delicious with a scoop of ice cream!