Feel like a lovely fresh dessert or a treat to accompany your coffee? These strawberry barges have a crispy base, creamy filling, and a fresh topping. A delicious indulgence!
- 1 can Danerolles Croissants Extra Large
- 1 egg
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1 container strawberries
- Optional: edible pearls or dried beans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Open the can of croissant dough and roll the dough out.
- Rub the diagonal cutting edges until closed.
- Cut the slab of puff pastry into six squares.
- Cut around 1 cm off the edge of the squares of puff pastry, and squeeze this pastry on the edge of the squares, creating a little container.
- Place the puff pastry barges on a baking tray that has been covered with baking paper and prick holes in the base with a fork.
- Fill the container with a support stuffing to make sure the base doesn’t rise. You can use the edible pearls or dried beans for this.
- Cover the edges with a little bit of milk or a beaten egg.
- Bake the barges for around 15 minutes in the oven until they are golden brown.
- Whip the whipped cream with the vanilla extract until it is stiff and mix the mascarpone through the mixture.
- Cut the strawberries into slices.
- Allow the puff pastry barges to cool down completely before you fill them with the mascarpone mixture. Divide the strawberry slices over the top.