Thanks to the Mexican herbs used, these empanadas will positively surprise you. Due to the light dough, these empanadas are perfect as a snack or appetizer.
- 1 can Danerolles Super Croissants
- 1 leek (vegetable)
- 300 g minced beef
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Mexican meat herbs
- Milk or egg for covering
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the leek into thin rings.
- Fry the minced beef and the leek in a splash of olive oil.
- Squeeze out the garlic cloves above the minced beef and stir them through the beef.
- Once the beef is done, add the tomato paste and bake for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the meat herbs and stir them through the mixture.
- Open the can of dough, roll the dough out and cut the slabs loose along the cutting lines.
- Divide the beef mixture over the triangular croissants, fold the tips towards each other and press the edges down well.
- Cover the empanadas with a little bit of milk or beaten egg.
- Bake the empanadas in the oven for 15 minutes until the dough reaches a nice golden brown color.