Christmas Boston Cake
A guaranteed hit for the Christmas season. This most delicious gingerbread flavored Boston cake is made from our very own croissants. Finish the cake with cherries, almond chips, and icing & enjoy!
Recipe by: @perinneruokaaprk
• 1 can of Danerolles Croissants Classic
• 25g butter (room temperature)
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of gingerbread spice
• 12 canned cherry’s
• 1 tablespoon of almond flakes
• 1 tablespoon of grain sugar
• 1 dl of powder sugar
• 1-2 teaspoon of water
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Open Danerolles Croissants Classic and place the dough on the table. Gently pinch the cutting lines close.
- In a medium bowl mix together the butter, sugar, and gingerbread spice. Spread the paste to the dough.
- Cut the dough into three equal pieces. Roll the doughs and cut each of these into 4 pieces.
- Use 20cm Ø baking casserole and place the baking paper bottom of the casserole.
- Place the dough rolls to the casserole loosely (=note too close to each other) and place one cherry on top of each dough. Sprinkle almond flakes and grain sugar on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Let the cake cool for a while.
- In a medium bowl mix together the powder sugar and water to make a paste.
- Finish the cake with the paste and if you wish you can sprinkle some additional powder sugar on top.