Making your own jam is actually very easy and will always taste the best. Serve the Berry Buns warm with lots of tea and enjoy ♥
Recipe by @amillionmiless
- 2 cans Danerolles Classic
- 225 grams frozen berries (or premade jam)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar or powder
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 deciliter water
- Start by making the jam by simply adding the berries, honey and water to a saucepan and bring it to a slow boil. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes, mash the raspberries a little.
- Add the chia seeds and set it aside to cool. Store it in the fridge in an airtight jar, the jam is ready when the chia seeds have expanded and soaked up the excess liquid. This usually takes about 1/2 – 1 hour.
- Open the can, roll out the dough, press the precut lines in the dough together and add a thin layer of the jam. Carefully roll the dough back together, cut it into 6 slices and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes until they are lightly golden and baked through. Enjoy with a cup of tea.